Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thank you, thank you ...

My sister, Deb, gave me an award! I'd like to say that she didn't know I was her sister when she gave it to me (separated at birth, soap opera or V.C. Andrews style) and she was just wowed by my mind-blowing bloggage, but no, she knows me.

Thanks!!

She has a couple blogs, which I enjoy--one is It's Always Something, in which she chronicles life as a wife and mother in exotic central Wisconsin and also reviews books, movies, & products such as handmade (and not handmade) wax tarts, soaps, candles, & cleaning items. The other is Springvale Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap, where she discusses her soap-making business, which she created out of nowhere about a year ago and has been very successful. I'm so impressed with all she's done in so little time, considering she has a full-time day job. Check her out and try her soaps. Since I started using goat milk soap, I've rarely needed to use hand lotion, and the soaps' scents are a lot of fun.

Here is the award, and it has RULES. I'm betting they don't make you do this stuff after you get an Oscar, but okay, fine.


The Versatile Blogger Award

Guidelines...
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell us seven things about yourself.
3. Award recently discovered new bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know they've won the awards(s).

Things About Myself
1. I can't swim, ice skate, or roller skate. *gasp*
2. I have to arrange things--on my desk, on the kitchen counter, etc.--just so.
3. I like strong black tea.
4. I've met the band (Stimulator) that do the cover of Olivia Newton-John's "Magic" that's used in those Macy's commercials.
5. I've been married since I was 18.
6. I love me some Pepsi.
7. I need to put some laundry in the dryer.

The next winner of the Versatile Blogger Award is ...... singer/songwriter/friend of mine Rachel Schain! She's a really good, caring person and it's very cool to see her following her dreams and succeeding step-by-step. Please check out her blog and her music (and maybe buy her first CD, an EP called Happy Happy). She's going to be on the 93.7 WSTW (Delaware) radio show Hometown Heroes tomorrow night, Sunday, March 27, 8-10pm EST and you can listen live. I will be :)

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment